Thursday, July 21, 2011

Contentment

"For I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12 I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength."
-Philippians 4:11-13


How did Paul do it?? He was content in the WORST of circumstances....what?? I wish I could honestly say this is true for me right now. But it is NOT. I want to be content in "any and every situation". I want to say that HE is enough for me. I want to say that I am completely satisfied with HIM alone. I know that ultimately nothing in this world will bring me the joy & peace that He can, but at times it's hard to remember that. Especially when the things that I want are genuinely "good" things. But if I want these "good" things more that I want my Savior, I've got it backwards and those things will never be "good" if I put them before Him. So, I'm praying. Praying for contentment. Praying that I seek the Lord for himself and not for his benefits. Praying that I'm satisfied in just knowing Him. Praying for a heart of gratitude for His MANY blessings & provisions. And believing that "I can do all this through him who gives me strength".

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I randomly found your blog...and I missed you so I figured I would make my presence known. :) love you!

    ReplyDelete