Wednesday, August 4, 2010

back from Texas

Sorry for the delay in my blogging. I've been in Texas for the past 12 days visiting family and friends for my sister's baby shower in Fort Worth and then for Kim and Brett's wedding in Lubbock.

My sister's baby shower was so good. She was blessed with so many wonderful gifts and the presence of lots of family and friends. I was really glad I was able to be there. I loved getting to spend time with my sisters and the rest of my family. It was hard to go, though. Being unsure if I'll make it back for when miss kynlee comes made saying bye really hard. But I have faith that I'll make it back somehow. It may not be exactly when I hope for, but it will happen. :)

After the baby shower weekend, I headed back to Lubbock for the wedding week. I has such a good time with Kim and her bridesmaids. We spent a lot of time together laughing, giving wedding/marriage advice, being emotional (well at least me & dana (:), and getting ready for the big day. Kim's lingerie/bachelorette part night was a lot of fun; great gifts, wonderful food, good wine and yummy desserts. Their rehearsal dinner was absolutely wonderful. It was at the 50 Yard Line, so the food was DE-LISH! There was so much love for them in that room. It was so neat to hear all the sweet things they had to say to Kim and Brett. They definitely have everyone's blessing! :) And the wedding...OH...the wedding! It was perfect. beautiful. emotional. fun. Everything about it was so suited for the 2 of them. I am so grateful they included me on such an important day in their life. I can't wait to see what the Lord does in and through their marriage!


After the wedding, I was exhausted! I was ready to get back to Canada to see my hubs, but I was glad for a couple of days to rest and recoup before having a long day of travel. During those couple of days I was able to spend time with my mom, brother, g-ma, cousins, and aunt & uncle. I was even able to go to Experience Life on Sunday. It was really nice to be back at the church that i love and miss!

My flight back to Canada was Tuesday afternoon. So that morning, I ran some errands with my mom, hung out w/ Kelli at starbucks, and then Katie dropped me off at the airport. I had a little bit of a panic attack about an hour and a half before my flight b/c I didn't know if the check in cut off in Lubbock was 30 minutes or 1 hour for international flights and I did NOT want to miss my flight again. But I made it. :) I had a 2 hour layover in Dallas that turned into 3 and 1/2 hour layover...not fun. I felt bad b/c Richard had this whole anniversary date planned for us and now it would be pushed back 2 hours. But I finally got on the plane. The flight seemed a lot longer than it did on the way to Texas. I was so restless and uncomfortable and had no concept of time, so I had no idea how much longer I would be on the plane. We arrived at the Vancouver airport and when I went through customs I'm almost 100% positive that I had the SAME guy who let me through when I drove into Canada. kinda weird. :)

I was so excited to see Richard when he came to pick me up! When I opened the car door, there was a rose and an anniversary card waiting for me. When we got to the house he told me wait in the car while he finished preparing for our at home date. After he set everything up, I headed to our basement suit to find candles and rose pedals lining the stairs to our front door and candles in a heart shape at the end of the stairs. I was very impressed by his effort! :) I came inside to a candle light dinner, roses, and champagne. He was really thoughtful and I was so grateful for his creativity. Mrs. Dolly even left an anniversary gift basket for us. It had a sweet little card, 2 champagne glasses, a bottle of wine, cupcakes, chocolates, and cookies. It was so thoughtful. I never would have expected that. :) So even though we didn't actually celebrate on our anniversary, it was well worth the wait.

So now I'm back here in Canada trying to figuring out how to spend my days. I'm glad to be back though. The pups were super excited to see me. I seriously think they thought I wasn't coming back. :)

I'll try to update often. And for those who are still wondering how to contact me, e-mail is the best way (lbkeeling@gmail.com). If you need to call us, our numbers are still the same. We just may answer and tell you that we'll call you back on our itouch. OR skype us! My skype name is loribeth421 and Richard's is Richard Jones and both or locations are still Lubbock.

So glad I got to see lots of you while I was in Texas!

much love-

loribeth for the jones'

No comments:

Post a Comment