Tuesday, August 31, 2010

taste & see

"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good!" -Psalm 34:8

Experiencing the goodness of God has been the theme of my life the past 6 months or so. He has been continually revealing His goodness to both Richard and me in so many different ways. His love, his forgiveness, his comfort, his abundant provision, his perfect plan, his kindness, his faithfulness, his grace, his perfect understanding of our needs...I could literally go on and on.

Richard and I have experienced a lot of ups and downs over these past 6 months but the Lord keeps reminding us through His Scriptures to "meditate on his works". So we are continuously reminded of how good and faithful God has been to us; how He is completely trustworthy and we can always depend on Him.

Yesterday was a perfect example of how good our God is. Through the kindness & generosity of my family, God provided a way for me to go to Fort Worth to be with my sister and her new baby, Kynlee, for 2 weeks! My heart has truly been longing to be with them, so I am completely grateful for this unexpected gift. I am so excited to get to serve my sister by helping her during this huge transition in her life.

Another extremely unexpected gift we received yesterday was a check from one of Richard's coaches. He knew that Richard being on the practice roster had made our finances a little tight and that we had a few needs and he wanted to help. He told Richard that some of the money HAS to go toward a date night, so we are going to definitely take advantage of that! :) We are so grateful for the way the Lord uses His people to provide. We are humbled by the generosity we've seen from so many people in our lives. We are so blessed.

Yesterday as I was reading Psalm 30, I came across this verse:

"I am counting on the Lord;
yes, I am counting on him.
I have put my hope in his word." vs.5 (NLT)

It spoke sweetly to me, because I AM counting on the Lord and I HAVE put my hope in his word b/c He is always good, always faithful, always true to His Word. What a mighty God we serve! :)

Also, yesterday Richard was able to have a spiritual conversation with one of his teammates! Richard is highly respected by his teammates and the Lord is really using that to build relationships. Continue to pray for him as God uses him to minister into the lives of his teammates! He is truly a light in a dark place!


No comments:

Post a Comment