Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kynlee Adele

Today I get to welcome Kynlee Adele into the family. She was born August 26th at 12:32 am, weighing 8 lbs 14 ounces and 20 1/2 inches.

Erin went into the hospital this morning to be induced at 7am. Kynlee was initially due the first week of September but she kept getting bigger and bigger so they thought the time had come to bring her into the world. When Erin went in this morning, she was anticipating delivering Kynlee by early evening. My guess was 6:15pm (August 25th). Goodness were we all wrong. She wasn't dilating as quickly as she hoped, therefore the process was taking much longer than she wanted. Around 10:30pm she was only at an 8. The doctor said to wait another hour and then they might consider a c-section. After about 30 minutes, she started pushing. But after an hour of no progress, they decided to do a c-section. Kynlee was just too big. I was sad for my sister to have to have a c-section especially after having to push first but she was so ready for Kynlee to just be here.

(my details are probably a little sketchy considering they were being relayed to me from Texas to Canada, but you get the idea :) )

It's 2:18 am in Texas and 12:18 am here in Canada and I'm just waiting for a Skype call to see my little niece. I hear they are both doing well and that Kynlee is beautiful.

I can't even describe how happy I am for Erin and Albert. I know Kynlee will bring them so much joy. Praise God for his "little" blessings! The only thing that would make this day better is if I could be right there with them for this special moment. But I'll get there soon. God will make a way.

Congratulations Erin & Albert! I love y'all more than you know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment